born ca. 1843, Bogoria (Kieleckie region)
died 5. Februarz 1924, Będzin
lived in Będzin, at Czeladzka Street at no. 14
industrialist from Będzin
In 1879 in Gzichów he founded a brewery, which he ran with his brothers: Isidore (technical manager) and Maurice (business manager). They produced Lagrowe, Pilzeńskie, Salwator and Kulmbachskie labels, and their high-quality was proven by medals: silver in Paris (1904) and gold in Liege (1905). In 1911 a joint-stock company with a capital of 200 thousand rubles „Gambrinus” Brewery T.A. was established. The factory survived the period of the Great War without appreciable damage as Brauerei Gambrinus AG in Bęndzin. D. Sercarz also had a brewery in Koszelewo, in 1923 he bought a „Lech” mine in Warpie. In 1939 the family’s assets were taken over by the Nazis. A large part of the family were murdered in Auschwitz. The brewery ceased production in 1971 and its buildings were demolished in 1973.
In 1864. D. Sercarz married 16-year-old Frajdla (1847-1926), sister of an industrialist from Małobądz – Jochym David Potok. One of their sons was Dr. Konrad Sercarz (1883-1934) – doctor, buried, like his father, in the Bedzin-Czeladź cemetery.